Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Drivers License

I am NOT a procrastinator so when I realized I needed to renew my driver’s license this year and I had 60 days to do it, I got it done on day 58. I have to admit I thought it would be a quick, painless procedure. Although it was painless, it was odd. And it wasn’t quick. I had to take a number and wait … and wait … and wait. And wait. Then when I was called I had to do that little eye trick … I mean, eye test … that they give to make sure you can see small letters and apparently flashing lights on your right and left sides. Does anyone else have little anxiety attacks when they tell you to look into the machine and let them know which side the little light is flashing on?! It’s like you are concentrating so hard you don’t want to mess up. “Left, left, left, left … Holy crap, am I blind in my right eye?” What use is this test anyway? Just fun for the office clerks to watch some of us send our selves into a stroke, maybe?! The other odd thing that happened during this trip was the fact that when they went to take my picture I smiled and they said, “Don’t smile with teeth.” If I hadn’t been watching all the people ahead of me, I would have thought they were trying to say something about my teeth, but since I am a curious bunny, I was watching the others and they said the same thing to everyone before me. Don’t smile with teeth? Do you realize what most people would look like in a picture if they didn’t smile with teeth? Well I do, and I wasn’t about to let it happen. So instead I have a lovely picture with my mouth closed, with a confused, or possibly constipated, look on my face. And the good news is I get to hold onto it and carry it around with me everywhere for the next 5 years.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - yes the same thing happened to me and also if you wear glasses you have to take them off. Karen

    ReplyDelete